Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Fiskars Big Grip Garden Knife

Now I know I just said yesterday that I don't normally promote products - and I don't - but this one needs to be shared. Honestly, it has saved my garden this year. I don't know what I did before I had Fiskars Big Grip Garden Knife.

I think I mentioned that I let the weeds rule this year. I got busy - and so did they. I didn't go up to the garden for at least 2 weeks, and when I returned it resembled something out of The Day of the Triffids. This handy little tool really made taking the Triffids down that much easier. It has a sturdy handle - trust me, I've lost too many garden tools to count. It has a serrated edge, perfect for cutting those vines that crept up my deer fence. It has a blade on the opposite side, perfect for cutting tougher roots or unwanted weeds. Perhaps my favourite part of this tool, though, is its forked end. The edges are sharp and the shape of the blade makes getting it deep into the soil a breeze. Once there, you can actually use the forked blade to cut the roots of extra tough weeds. My garden has never looked better and I never would have been able to do it without this handy tool. Yes, it resembles something out of a Klingon's armoury, but it works. So I have to give a big shout out to Fiskars for making this Big Grip Garden Knife. Favourite garden tool, hands down.

No comments:

Post a Comment